I have to break my silence tonight. Today I turned 42. Here's how my day went.
This morning while I was sitting in the rocking chair drinking my coffee , Peanut surprised me by bringing me chocolate chip waffles that Brother made. Brother made chocolate-chip waffles! I've never even seen him use the waffle iron!
Then Sissy and Peanut made my bed. When I observed aloud how sweet they were being to me today, Peanut calmly responded, "It's what we do."
They were extra helpful around the house, extra compliant about schoolwork, and they secretly made me a cake with their grandmother's help. Peanut also made me a paper crown.
My Mom and Dad gave me some money and told me to go buy myself something, which I happily did. I now have blue jeans without holes in them.
I got taken out to dinner.
And finally, my crazy husband bought me a brand-new laptop. If I were to list the things we need here in order of importance, a new laptop would be # 297 followed by # 298 - a hole in the head. But I'm typing on it now and it is a dream. I feel like I did when I was sixteen and got my first typewriter.
Why can't every day be October 2?
Wait..... then tomorrow I would turn 43 and the next day .... no I can't even think about it.
Once a year is plenty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Glad you had a wonderful Birthday! Kids do make them better until they remind you of your age LOL (that is from experience, mine tell me how old I am way too often
Sheri
Post a Comment