1. Fill an extra large bowl or pan with water. Put it on the porch, toss in a few Lego people and say "Look kids, it's a miniature swimming pool!" The girls loved this and didn't mind being outside since they were getting somewhat wet, and I didn't mind them getting wet cause they were outside! We also filled a shallow pan with water and called it a kiddie pool - for the more timid Lego people.
2. Fill a bucket with water, give each child a paintbrush and tell them to paint the deck (or sidewalk or house - it's water afterall). I did not think the girls would buy into this water painting thing but surprisingly it occupied them for quite some time.
3. Let them wash their own bikes, trikes, etc. It appears that they think almost anything is fun if there's any chance at all of getting wet.
I hope to add to this list as the summer goes on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment