Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Attention Blog Gurus

I have a technical question for other bloggers.

Can I save my blog archives to CD without saving them to my hard drive first?
I've had a growing sense of urgency to backup my blog for a while now, but I really don't know how, and I have this fear of these written memories of my kids getting lost forever.

So if anyone has done this....someone who has written a BOOK containing much of their blog content, perhaps, could you give me some technical advice on saving my blog? In nontechnical, easy-to-understand language?

Thanks.

1 comment:

Mikala B. Heykoop said...

Hey! Haven't heard from you in awhile, so I came by your blog tonight to make sure you were still around. I saw this post and wanted to respond. I haven't burned mine to a CD yet, but I basically just copied/pasted all the posts into a Word document, saved it all, and when I get the time, will put it on a CD. Also, my husband saved some to a thumb drive. I am NOT computer-savvy, but my husband is, so I just rely on him to do the stuff that is over and above my incredible abilities to do email, blog, and shop online. So if this doesn't help you at all, I tried. And if you don't have any computer geeks in your life and would like to pick the brain of mine, let me know!