Wednesday, December 5, 2007

First Christmas Ornaments

OK a quick check of my past few posts tells me I'm wandering ever farther from the point of this blog......my kids, my... butterflies, as it were. So I thought I'd post photos of their first Christmas ornaments. The kids love to hang their own first ornaments. Even Brother gets a kick out of seeing his now 19 year - ld ceramic baby bootie every year.

A much-loved aunt got it for him. The baby blue rosebuds have faded to almost white, but it's still the most priceless ornament we have. First baby's first ornament...it doesn't get sweeter than that.


Sissy's was given as part of a gift from friends. It had a little block on the wagon that has come off. I need to glue it back on. I'm terrible with stuff like that.


I got Peanut's rocking horse, thinking I'd paint her name on the rocker opposite the one in the picture. Still haven't done it. But she KNOWS it's hers, and she is the queen of voice inflection when she says, "Awwwwwww, my BABY ornament! Isn't it cute?"

The kids have other special ornaments too. When Brother was little I was really good about getting him one every year.... but I have dropped the ball with the girls. There have been a couple of years when by the time I remembered to shop for them, there was nothing left in the stores worth getting.

They always got personalized ornaments from the Pre-School department at church too, which are just as precious.

My husband is working unusually late tonight, which is why I'm posting this so late*.On the rare occasions he's gone at night, I have a hard time going to sleep. I have to wait until I'm so sleepy I can't hold my eyes open any more, before I go to bed. I think I'm just about there so I'm going to try it.
* I'm posting this at 12:30am. I STARTED this post at 2:50pm. In case anybody cares.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Cute ornaments! I love the sentimental ones. Our whole tree is so sentimental!

Sallie said...

We have that rocky horse for my daughter... I guess about 15 years old, eh? LOL...

God bless,
Sallie

Nina said...

Actually we got ours in December of 2001, Peanut's first Christmas. Of course, it may have been several years old when we bought it. Maybe that's why it was so cheap! :o)