Well we did it...but not without much wailing and gnashing of teeth. After I calmed down, it went much more smoothly. It wasn't so much the making of the costume, as the trying to think of an idea for the costume that took so much time. The hula hoop idea was a bust....so we ended up with posterboard rings, decorated by Peanut with markers and colored seashells. The planet itself was also posterboard and Peanut had this avant-garde checkerboard thing going, then I think she got tired of coloring. The poster was put together at the last minute , after she wrote down some facts she had learned about Saturn.
When she presented her poster/report to the class, the teacher asked her if Saturn was a terrestrial planet or a gaseous planet, to which she replied, "I have no idea what you're talking about".
That's my girl!

2 comments:
You all did a great job!
That's an amazing Saturn costume!
Post a Comment