Monday, March 24, 2008

A Preview of Posts to Come

When I was thinking of what to post today, I realized I have plenty of topics, but they're all so incomplete and unrelated and they're swirling through my head and bumping into each other so much that I don't think I could make a complete, coherent post out of any one of them.

So I just made some previews...... topics that have been on my mind that hopefully will turn up here in full-length form soon.

And now..... coming soon to a blog near you......


Hypocrisy 101 - a satire on the way Protestants like me vehemently reject the adoration of the saints, while simultaneously praying to their own conveniently-accessed-online modern -day saints. Instead of asking God for wisdom on a matter, for example, we seek the counsel of St. James (Dobson), the patron saint of parents, or St. Beth (Moore), the patron saint of women.



Ode to Peanut - a birthday poem to a 7 year old, as yet unwritten on account of the previously mentioned fragmented-thought soup going on in my head

Dutch Girls, Crowns, and Cascades - the fun I'm having learning to do fancy braids on the girls...... pics included!

Sissy Goes to Standardized Testing Will she remember her #2 pencils? Will she be emotionally scarred for life because her mother forgot to send a snack with her and EVERYONE ELSE'S mother remembered?

Dizzying Decisions a homeschool Mom faces a dilemma she never thought she'd have.....
too many choices for outside enrichment classes next school year.

Denominational Crisis a Baptist does some deep reading (a reckless idea), and finds her beliefs have been challenged regarding ...umm.... baptism. Does she really know why she believes what she's always believed? ...... and more importantly, does Scripture support her beliefs?

See you next week. Bring some popcorn.

4 comments:

Linda said...

I can't wait! I know how you feel though. It almost makes your brain hurt to have so many thoughts going through it. My problem of late is that's its so late I can't seem to get the time to post what I've been wanting to say.

Kathy said...

I'm very interested in what you have to say about baptism. What kind of Baptist? Southern, Independent, or something else?

Nina said...

Southern, Kathy... I'd love to go ahead and post a little about it, but I'm holding off till I do some more studying and praying.

sister sheri said...

Nina, what a great idea... I feel the same way so many times... that maybe I should just do little previews until I can get to the topic... Thanks for the creativity!