Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Little Seventies Nostalgia

I loved Schoolhouse Rock cartoons when I was a kid. Who didn't? Even my mother couldn't complain - it was educational. I still know every word of the Preamble to the Constitution..I just have to hum it in my head before I recite it.


Last year I bought the entire Schoolhouse Rock song collection on DVD. I think the girls love them as much as I did. I use them in school sometimes, especially the grammar ones, but mostly we watch them for fun.

My favorites are the ones sung by the Conjunction Junction guy. That guy has the richest voice. He also sings "I'm Just A Bill" , "Rufus Xavier Sarsparilla" , "Energy Blues", and my personal favorite, "The Tale of Mr. Morton", featured below. Give it a listen. Dig the trumpets. Get lost in the jazzy voice - go ahead, it's easy. Hear it soar in the chorus and if it doesn't make you smile, you're a lost cause. Enjoy!

3 comments:

sister sheri said...

My son borrowed this from the library... What a blast from the past... He liked it so much we bought him the DVD for Christmas. Can you believe the amount of references to the Bible? Interesting!

Anonymous said...

I had never seen that one!!! It was great! Thanks for sharing it!!

Hope things are well in your world, I have been lax on making my rounds lately. Sorry about that!

Have an awesome week!

Nina said...

Glad you could stop by today Kristine ... no need to apologize. My own blog hopping has been kind of sporadic - not enough hours in the day, are there?