Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Random Acts

Saturday Peanut scored 6 points in the first 5 minutes of her basketball game, prompting her to wonder aloud if she had magic powers. So it was probably a good thing that she didn't hit ANY of the other 15 or so shots she put up. Superheros can be so hard to live with.

Sissy played a great game too, scoring 2 buckets and playing impressive defense against a girl who's a head and shoulders taller than her.

Sunday The girls take turns helping me in the nursery at church when it's my Sunday to stay. It was Peanut's turn this time. We stayed with the 3 year-olds and she had so much fun. She played and played with the kids, and when church was over and the parents came down, the kids didn't want to leave until Peanut finished the book she was reading to them.

Monday We played with Sculpey clay and baked our creations. Also, I continued an effort I started (again) last week in getting the girls to help more with the housework. Today Sissy vacuumed and took the trash can to the road. Peanut dusted and cleaned some glass.

Tuesday Peanut cleaned the toilet bowls and Sissy cleared and wiped the breakfast table and swept under the table, after which she ASKED to dust the furniture. Peanut had done a less than stellar job at this yesterday, so I told Sissy to dust away. Tonight while Peanut was at basketball practice, Sissy and I stayed home and got out her sewing machine she got for Christmas. She just made some practice stitches on scrap fabric, but she had fun with it. Maybe eventually we'll actually make something.

It's so nice to have some time with just one of the girls. I need to make it a regular thing with both of them. For a couple of weeks I've been staying home with one girl while the other one is at basketball practice. Last Tuesday night Sissy and I worked on her Valentine to Peanut- (which turned out way cool, incidentally). Thursday while Sissy was at practice, Peanut and I played the game "Guess Where?".

And on a completely unrelated note, Peanut tells me that tomorrow night there's a "mooner eclipse". That should be fun to watch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet "a mooner eclipes" I love the way that you are able to get the girls involved in activities such as sewing. As you know Nina I have all boys so sewing is more or less out of the question. But hey thats when mom gets to do boy things like trying to play basketball or sitting down with construction sets or hot wheels and make pretend roads and all that good stuff. I guess I'll do the sewing though too much testosterone here to have help with that or trying to make something domestic. Sorry I haven't posted a comment in awhile. I've been reading your blogs though they are always so interesting!
Take Care
Sheri