" WOW! It seems like it should be a whole lot more - like, I don't know, a hundred and forty, or something. "
Going somewhere else in her mind now, her voice drifts into a singsong cadence,
......" 40 days and 40 nights, 40 days and 40 nights ".....
then suddenly, she's back, with the scream of slamming brakes .......
......"but 40 YEARS?!? ......... Man!!!"
That was Peanut's exact response to the answer I gave her when she asked me how many years it had been since I was born.
I wanted to be offended. I really tried to be offended. But it's a hard thing to pull off when you can't stop laughing.

3 comments:
Nina! We're twins! Did you graduate in 1986, too? My big 4-OH is on 4/6... when is yours?
No, you little pup, I graduated in 1985! :) I turned 40 in October - and I'm really fine with it. After all, it's an even number AND a multiple of five. ;)
Gosh, y'all make me realize how old I really am. But I feel so young!
Post a Comment