Thursday, August 30, 2007

"Sixteen Posts" - a shameless plea for feedback

Today, in honor of my sixteenth post and because my blog has received a grand total of one comment (thanks again Sheri, I'm changing my will), I penned a little ditty to the tune of "16 Tons", one of my favorite oldies, made famous by Tennessee Ernie Ford.


For the enhanced version, please snap your fingers in 4/4 time ....


The tempo is moderately slow.


OK here we go. A-he-he-hem.





Som-m-e people say a blog bares a woman's soul


Well this woman's blog is a takin' it's toll


I've worn my fingers down to the bone,


my neck muscles ache and my eyesight's gone


You load sixteen posts


and what do you get?


A couple e-mails and and a lone comment


A little validation's all I'm lookin FO-O-O-O-R


So ple-e-ase if you REE-E-E-E-E-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-ead me-e-e

(wait for it)


leave a comment belowwwwww.
Dum Dum dum dum dum de dum dum


Okay, who's first?.......Anybody??...... Mom??

10 comments:

Mikala B. Heykoop said...

I read and enjoy! My favorite was your most recent one about bottoms. Oh, how I've been there! With 4 boys in the family, there is no getting past it! =) Please continue to blog! I'd miss your posts if you stopped. I read all of the blogs I enjoy on Bloglines....they are all there on one site, and update themselves automatically, but I am unable to comment directly. I took exception tonight to encourage you, and let you know that someone else is reading your efforts besides those people who have your same genetic makeup. =) Keep up the good work!

Nina said...

What's this?? Why, it's...it's a comment! And out of the clear blue sky, too! Thank you so much Allison, I was afraid I was going to have to start making them myself using fake identities (and I still haven't ruled that out) ;)
Still looking through your blog archives, still in awe. Any mother of eight that describes the way her husband looks in uniform as 'yummy' is a real woman!

Anonymous said...

You are one weird chick - what're you doing tomorrow night?

Nina said...

listen honey.....(checks to-do list, crumples it up and throws it over her shoulder).....my weekends wide open, what've you got in mind?
Oh wait...we have kids...umm...babysitter? Right. I'm on it. See you tonight. Love you. (Look, now I have four comments!)

Anonymous said...

MY Keith and I have enjoyed this latest blog as we have the others. You are awsome with words, and if I KNEW how to comment, I would have done it when I read your first blog. I am getting better, though. I love you, girl. You are my dearest friend, and I thank God for your wonderful family. If anyone deserves it...it's you. BELINDA

Nina said...

Wow, the hits just keep on comin'! Thank you for your sweet words Belinda! I love you too girl!

Anonymous said...

this completely blows my mind. you are a wonderful writer. you should give up nursing and become an author.

Nina said...

I think my coworkers would argue that I pretty much HAVE given up nursing, if the amount of time I spend at work is any indication. Thank you for the compliment. You have earned a reprieve from my incessant hounding. :+}

Anonymous said...

Learned something of you...........we will try and keep an eye on this blog......interesting.......very interesting.........lol...hang in there, and your writings are very professional looking and sounds professional.......maybe you should be a writer.........

Anonymous said...

Learned something?? Come on guys, I've been in the family 21 years now. Surely you knew I was weird. Thanks for the comment. I knew I could count on my in-laws to come through! :O)