Saturday, September 1, 2007

The Campaign is Winding Down.......

and I have a small but intimate collection of comments now, procured in a variety of ways.



  1. I badgered my friends and coworkers

  2. threatened my parents

  3. hacked up a classic song

  4. cleverly inflated the numbers with my own comments

  5. and impersonated my husband -- with his consent. Sort of.

I mean, doesn't the absence of dissent define "implied consent"?

Say ..... I ask my husband if he's OK with me signing his name to a comment I write myself, with the understanding that said comment would be part of a brief , playfully romantic dialogue with me, and would be entirely in keeping with something he would actually say, should he be so motivated.

Say .... the response I get is a snore from the direction of the recliner. That gives me the green light doesn't it?


Yes, I think I've milked this little comment campaign for just about all its worth. But not quite.

The one tactic I have not yet employed is bribery. I've been saving that for my pastor. See, I happen to be familiar with a particular weakness of his, and I believe the man can be bought. I'll be speaking with him tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shame on you! How could you possibly threaten your parent, and with what? Refusal to allow them a sleepover with the grandkids, prank phone calls and all?
Some people just aren't gifted with words as others. Give them a break!

Nina said...

Nice try Dad! :)

Sallie said...

Our Pastors weakness is cookies! Maybe I should try that to get him to leave some comments at my blog..LOL!

God bless,
Sallie

Nina said...

Well Sallie, I hope you have better luck than I have. I did speak to my pastor after church on Sunday, but apparently, in my efforts to avoid all appearance of evil, my mysterious references to blueberry dump cake and my blog were too subtle, as I have yet to see a comment from him!