Monday, October 22, 2007

Exciting Day

We've just put the girls to bed after a very full day. We went to "THE" theme park around here. As with the corn maze and the family reunion and various other things of late, we were four instead of five because Brother had to work, We're trying to get used to the idea that he may now be at a stage in his life when accompanying us on trips may be more the exception than the rule. Sigh.


The girls and I had been to this theme park twice this year already but my husband hadn't been able to go with us the other times. It was so much fun with him along to see the girls having fun on the rides. Oh, and it was HE who rode the rollercoaster with Sissy this time. I was a complete basketcase after I rode it with her last time, as I wrote about in my post titled : Amusement Park Rides and Why I Don't Love Them Any More . It was weird. Nothing was different about the ride this time. He couldn't have done anything to prevent her from getting hurt any more than I could, but somehow I was OK with her riding it with him. I could actually take full, deep breaths the whole time they were on it, even though Peanut and I passed the time waiting for them in a playground that was SURROUNDED by the very rollercoaster Sissy and Keith were riding. The tracks loomed high above us and the steepest hill appeared to drop straight down toward us before the tracks curved sharply and carried the screaming blur off somewhere else...but wait... here they came again around another curve and parallel to the playground now for several seconds before disappearing for good... until a new screaming blur came around a few seconds later. But I was cool, I was very cool. Full, deep breaths.

The other memorable thing that happened today is that Sissy lost another tooth. It was kind of my fault. Okay, there's no doubt it was my fault. The bumper car ride was getting ready to start. Peanut and Keith were in a car behind me and Sissy . I turned to Sissy with the intention of suggesting she taunt her father and sister with some "Eat my dust" tough talk. I never got the words out though, because as I turned toward her, I accidentally elbowed her in the mouth, knocking her already loose tooth to the dangling, bleeding point. Not pouring blood, just a very small trickle really, nothing that couldn't be taken care of after the ride. And it was.

After Sissy exited the bumper car ride with a loose tooth and a bleeding mouth (which prompted Keith to joke about squeezing some lawsuit money out of this place that charges $7 to park your car), we found the nearest bench, I pulled a clean paper towel out of my backpack, and two seconds later I was holding her tooth.

It is now under her pillow, a fact that really begs to be linked to another previous post, The Absent-Minded Tooth Fairy . Maybe I should set a Tooth Fairy alarm clock.

No comments: