Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Welcome to Wonderland

I sometimes feel like I fell down a rabbit-hole and landed in this house, where children spawned from the union of Logic and Madness continually charm, and yet perplex me.

Here’s a quiz, inspired by just a couple of events that transpired around here today.
It’s very short, really. Pass or Fail.


1. “This is SO MUCH FUN !!!!!!!! “ Peanut said over and over this morning, unable to contain her joy as she:

a. crafted homemade Valentines using glitter and lots of girlie stickers

b. pretended to camp out using a sheet and the kitchen table for a tent

c. scrubbed the toilet bowl




2. Sissy is smiling so hard her face could split open, she’s pumping a fist in the air, and chanting, “Yessssssss!” All this because I have just given her permission to:

a. see the Hannah Montana movie

b. have a cell phone

c. lug a smelly trash can as tall as herself from the road to the backyard.




3. Sissy is eating a mint. “Whoa!”, she says. “I almost swallowed it whole”.
Peanut responds by exclaiming:

a. Good thing you didn’t get choked, Sissy!

b. Well, at least your STOMACH would have had great breath. HAHAHA!!!

c. Wow, that would have been bad for your cholesterol!



Ready for the answers?


1. C
Remember, this is Wonderland. Left is right. Up is down. And Peanut LOVES cleaning the toilet - but I'm not complaining. If you guessed A or B, you're only wrong because neither of them happened TODAY.

2. C

Curiouser and curiouser. Here we see the same irrational response. Grungy, menial chore is met with excitement and glee. The excitement is not transferrable to most other household chores though. That would only enable me to make sense of, and even predict their behaviour, and what fun would that be? If you guessed A or B, you're only wrong because I still have breath.

3. C

I don't have an explanation, illogical or otherwise for this one. But if you guessed A or B, you're only wrong, because she wasn't in the right mood.

It seems that at least once a day, I realize again that , as the Cheshire cat said..."We're all mad here". Now I'm terribly sleepy and unable to keep my eyelids open. I must go to bed now, so that I can lie awake and stare at the ceiling.

Oh my ears and whiskers, how late it's getting!

3 comments:

becomingkate said...

A child that loves to clean the toilet - wow!!

Linda said...

I love talking to you. It's like talking to a best friend and laughing about myself.

Kathy said...

I might like to borrow your kids one day!