Monday, September 17, 2007

I'm not raising children - I'm raising adults

I read that on Sallie's blog Everyday Me a few days ago, made a joke in her comments about how I could use it to help my blog title make sense. Today at a meeting I heard someone else say the same thing 'we're not raising children -- we're raising adults.' I think maybe it's being called to my attention. So let's see.... I'm raising adults which, biologically speaking fits my Raising Butterflies blog title better -- but that doesn't go with the description under my blog.
Wait, I think I've got it. My children are like butterflies in the carefree way they run and play, and in that if (when):( I'm unnecessarily harsh with them, I can bruise their 'wings'/confidence.
But because they still have a lot of growing to do physically and spiritually, they're not full-fledged 'butterflies' -- but that's what I'm growing them to be -- adults.

Clear as mud??

Allrighty then.

1 comment:

Sallie said...

Hey, I get it...LOL..

God bless,
Sallie