Thursday, September 6, 2007

Thursday Thirteen ............... Happy Birthday Dad!

Thirteen random things about my Dad, in honor of his birthday.

1. He's 71 years old.

2. His hometown was submerged by a lake created by the TVA in the 1940's.

3. He has a dry, sometimes hard -to- distinguish sense of humor.

4. He is addicted to homegrown tomatoes.

5. He runs five miles a day.

6. He is an encyclopedia of major league baseball trivia.

7. He has very good taste in womens' clothing.

8. By that I mean he picks nice gifts for my Mom!!

9. His last name is the German word for 'locksmith'.

10. His first name is so unusual, he goes by 'Bud'.

11. He lets my daughters run with butcher knives.

12. Not really. (See number 3, it's hereditary). But he does let them do just about whatever they want.

13. I love him very much despite this..

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful man,,Nice TT!

Gail Martin said...

Beautiful list. My dad likes homegrown tomatoes too. I hope your dad has a great birthday. Happy TT!

Shelby said...

I think I'm in love with your family :)

lovely list indeed - your dad sounds fantasticly fatherly. take care and happy day today..

Anonymous said...

welcome to TT!

Your dad sounds like a very interesting guy. He and my grandfather would probably love to go running together!

Anonymous said...

Hey Pappaw. Happy Birthday! Hope you have a good one!

Andrea said...

Aww...that was sweet.

Five miles a day at his age?!? That's totally awesome!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Come back anytime.

Kat_D said...

Wow..your dad sounds like a great guy to be around!!! Hope he had a great birthday!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice list. Best wishes to your dad.

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful way to honor your dad ! Even though it makes me miss mine more at this moment. It feels my heart w/ joy that so many of our age group that grew up together have the opportunity to share their thoughts and praises for their dads. I can remember Dad (Ron) having a nickname for you and I sit and think of all the wonderful dad/daughter moments and it just makes me feel so blessed to have had the great dad I had and to know that I will see him in heaven. We truly are blessed to have great fathers in common
Sheri

Nina said...

Sheri, I do remember your Dad twisting my name around just to "pull my chain". There will never be another like him. I know you have a lot of sweet memories of growing up with a father like him and I would encourage you to write them down. Someday your kids or grandkids will value them more than gold.

Anonymous said...

Great idea !!! This will take a lifetime, but I have a lifetime of great memories to share and that makes it all worthwhile. Even though Logan was just a baby and Peyton never had the opportunity to meet Dad this is going to be a great way for them to know of him better, and better than just the times we sit around and share some of the great times that we had growing up and the boys are listening too.
Thanks for the suggestion !
Sheri