The man formerly known as Mud has redeemed himself.
Not that I was waiting for him to redeem himself, or that I even remember past offenses, but if I were the kind of woman who never forgets little things like sweet potato pies, I would now consider my memory erased.
Why? Because he surprised me at Christmas. And unlike the Sweet Potato Pie Incident, I had no preconceived notions of what my gift might be. None at all! Not until I had all the wrapping paper off and saw the words on the box, did I have any idea what he got me.
That never happens!! I ALWAYS know what he gets me for Christmas, usually because he asks me what I want, and I tell him. He’s even been known to give me money, and I have no problem with that at all. I love hitting the sales after Christmas with gift money.
Last year we combined our gifts to each other and got a new TV because our old one had died. The year before that I asked for and got, a printer/copier/scanner. Again, a practical, but much needed gift.
See, I’m not ALL about romance.
There have been years when we agreed not to get each other anything.
Since we hadn’t discussed what to get each other at all this year, and I was somewhat preoccupied with being sick the week before Christmas, I just assumed this was one of our ‘off’ years.
But there was a gift for me from him on Christmas morning. I was surprised, but I figured it was some token thing he had heard me say I needed.
So I tore off the paper, expecting to find some nice socks. What I found was something I never would have asked for, but have wanted for a long time…..
An MP3 player!!! I’ve wanted one ever since they first came out, but when you need things like a new printer, or TV, an mp3 player seems pretty frivolous.
So yeah, Keith is pretty proud of himself. He can also bask in the fact that he outgifted me. Actually, if he had gotten me socks, he would have outgifted me. Again, I was sick, we hadn’t talked about it….. excuses, excuses.
He does have a birthday in a couple of weeks though.
I wonder if I can redeem myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Great gift! Have fun with it!
Post a Comment