Yes I do. I also like bluegrass, inspirational, motown, country, big band, 80's pop, ...... and I can listen to them all on my new mp3 player.
I have really fallen off the wagon since I got this thing. My listening habits were becoming much more discerning. But since Christmas I've been on a real binge, ripping and burning CD's I hadn't listened to in years.I have a total of 278 songs on my player so far. Most, we already owned on CD, but some I just recently bought.
My parents gave me a Visa Card for Christmas and I've used almost all of it to purchase individual songs on Wal-Mart.com. I LOVE that you can do that! There are so many songs I've always liked, but I didn't like the artist enough to spring for the whole CD. Now, I can pick and choose.
I'm like a kid in a candy store.
I've tried to choose carefully though, and I think I have a pretty good mix.....some classics from the 60's and 70's, some early 80's nostalgia, and a couple of songs that came out in the 90's.
Here's what I got so far:
I named the playlist "Love, Mom and Dad".
1. Respect - Aretha Franklin
2. Think - Aretha Franklin
3. Midnight Train to Georgia - Gladys Knight & the Pips
4. Build Me Up Buttercup - The Foundations
5. Layla - Derek and the Dominoes
6. All Right Now - Free
7. Here Come Those Tears Again - Jackson Browne
8. The Pretender - Jackson Browne
9. Some Kind of Wonderful - Grand Funk
10. Sara Smile - Hall and Oates
11. She's Gone - Hall and Oates
12. Rockin Me - Steve Miller Band
13. Blinded By The Light - Mannfred Mann's Earth Band
14. Waiting For A Girl Like You - Foreigner
15. Stop Draggin My Heart Around - Stevie Nicks/Tom Petty
16. You Make My Dreams Come True - Hall and Oates
17. Kiss On My List - Hall and Oates
18. Tempted - Squeeze
19. What Kind Of Fool Am I - Rick Springfield
20. Love Somebody - Rick Springfield
21. Crazy - Aerosmith
22. What It Takes - Aerosmith
23. And I Am Telling You - Jennifer Hudson
The CD's I put on my player in their entirety, include Casting Crowns, Third Day, Building 429, the Eagles, Beatles, James Taylor, John Mellencamp, Alison Krauss, Waylon Jennings, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Bob Seger, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Allman Brothers, and Atlanta Rhythm Section.
I was also able to put Peanut's song from the Christmas play on it. The list of artists is arranged alphabetically, which tucks Peanut safely between John Mellencamp and Lynyrd Skynyrd (because believe it or not, her real name isn't Peanut).
It also has Alison Krauss and Aerosmith living happily side by side.
Yes, there is a perfect world. And I can hold it in the palm of my hand. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Nice play list! But I didn't see A Plea for Purging on there??? You mean you don't want to hear someone screaming into your ear? Well, if you decide you do, Slaying the Serpantine Dragon is my favorite!
Honestly, if it was only instrumental, it would be great music!
Kathy,
I went to Amazon.com and listened to APFP's song samples a while back... I never told you because I didn't want to offend you, but now I have to come clean....
I don't dig their music. I know a lot of people do, and I'm sure they've got a message that many people will hear who would never have listened to other "bands with messages" and if my son were in a band, I know I would try really hard to be into it, no matter how conflicting our styles of music might be,but I think that's what it would take for me to listen to it very much.
I'm sorry!
I will say that in every song sample I listened to, the DRUMS sounded really good! :)
Of course we're still friends. I was really only teasing you because I know that most people don't like that kind of music. I would never have even listened to the first song if it hadn't been for Aaron being involved in it. But now, after listening to it a while, the music (not the screaming) has actually grown on me to the point where I like it.
But my favorite music to listen is is slow, soft and mellow music.
Post a Comment