Okay, I now know, that I can turn out writing that makes me more nauseous than the actual experience written about. I considered deleting the last post for that reason. But in the name of posterity, it shall remain.
Is it very weird to LIKE it just a little bit when your kids are sick? I don't mean critically ill, or bad prognosis sick, I mean sick with stuff that you know they're going to get over in a few days, but in the meantime they just lie around and eat popsicles and be sweet?
Peanut and Sissy are both sweet in very different ways when they're sick.
Peanut wants me parked with her on the couch at all times. If I get up to go to the bathroom, she protests. When I return five minutes later, she latches onto me like I've been gone a month.
It's really very good for the ego. Not so much for getting laundry done or kitchens cleaned though.
Sissy doesn't mind getting extra attention when she's sick, but she's fine without it. The sweet part, is that I get to watch her sleep. There on the couch in the afternoon light, with her hair falling over her cheek.... her eyes closed , her face softened in sleep ..... she could be four years old again. Sigh.
I wouldn't wish them sick for anything in the world, but when they ARE sick, I have to say there are things I enjoy about it.
That isn't very weird....... is it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment