Wow, it's hard to believe it's been a mere two weeks since I posted. It feels like months. Things got really hairy around here before Christmas. I caught a terrible cold and the only thing that got me through wrapping presents Christmas Eve was the nice Nyquil buzz I had going. The hangover the next morning was a killer though.
Brother has also been sick, and is much better but not completely.
And Peanut, my sweet Peanut, has really been through the wringer. She developed a severe urinary tract infection before Christmas. It came on quite suddenly and she was miserably ill for several hours before she got antibiotics and started feeling better. Unfortunately, those several hours she felt the worst, happened to include our church's Christmas play, in which Peanut was to sing a solo. I won't go into detail about that evening, because I don't think I can go there again in my mind.
As it turned out though, Peanut was asked to sing her solo in church the next Sunday.
She did and did a fine job, with Sissy and other children joining her for part of the song. I wish I knew how to upload the CD.
Also, because this was Peanut's second UTI, her pediatrician strongly recommended she have a couple of tests to check out her kidneys, bladder, etc. One of those tests was no big deal. The other, was the worst thing I have ever had to witness being done to one of my children. I can't write much about it either. I just want to forget it. I know Peanut does too.
The good news is she is healthy. Her tests were within normal limits. For that I am thankful.
So anyway, that's what we've been up to over the holidays. We're about to get back on track though, and I'm sure I'll soon be blogging about lighter, happier things again. I sure hope so anyway. It's no fun being heavy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Glad you are back, but so sorry to hear about all the sickness during the holidays. I am so glad her tests came back normal. My little niece had to go through some type of urinary surgeries and it was really scary. Happy New Year to you!
Post a Comment