Saturday, January 26, 2008

Secret Play - The Share and Shoot

Sissy's basketball coach (aka Daddy) came home yesterday with a small dry erase board. The board is marked with basketball court lines, and supposedly is handy for demonstrating basketball plays to one's team. Supposing, of course, that one's team is actually paying attention, and not fighting over who gets to draw on the board next. Both girls wanted to show us how they could draw offensive plays.

Peanut's secret play goes something like this:

"First, I dribble the ball down," she speaks in a melody of hills and valleys. "Then, I pass the ball to S. Then S. passes it to K. , then K. passes it to A. , then A. passes it to H. and H. SHOOTS!", she finishes with a flourish, then remembers, "Oh and I get the rebound."

She holds up the pretend basketball court. Her play looks like an incomplete dot-to-dot drawing. But it's a good play. Everybody gets a turn to handle the ball. Everybody has fun. I think it just might work ..... as long as there are no defensive players on the court.

No comments: