Saturday, November 3, 2007

Dry-Erase Markers Work on Glass?? Who Knew!

Our "Story of the World" Activity Book lists a suggestion to let your kids use Dry-Erase markers to illustrate something they've learned on a window or door.

The book claimed the marker would wipe off with a paper towel, just like a dry-erase board.

Today I tested a spot on our sliding glass doors and it really worked, so I gave the girls markers and turned them loose. They had fun, in a wow-I-can't-believe-we're-writing-on-the-door kind of way.

Is this one of those things everyone else knows about long before me? I'm taken with the novelty and potential of it. I can see the girls doing Math problems, playing Tic-Tac-Toe, and doing holiday artwork, all on the doors and windows. Well, maybe not all at once.

It works on mirrors too. I had Peanut hold a hand mirror in front of her face while I drew funny features on her reflection. Pretty cool.

***,,;***,,;***,,;***,,;***,,;***,,;***,,;***,,;***,,;***,,;***,,;

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been tagged!
I would love to read your answers..please visit here:
http://www.mamaarcher.com/2007/11/crazy-8s.html
for details!
Blessings.

Kathy said...

That sounds like so much fun. I may have to try it myself.

Nina said...

Kathy, it also works on mirrors....you could leave your husband little love notes.... or a honey-do list LOL

Sallie said...

Nina -- That is so cool! I didn't know that! I did find out by accident (when my honey left me a sweet note) that you can write on a porcelian memo board with a sharpie and it will erase. Who would want to erase "Mike loves Sallie" though?!

God bless,
Sallie

P.S. Congrats on winning the books at Hadias' blog!!!

The Proverbs Wife said...

This is a great idea. Our sliding glass door is in our schoolroom. I always run out of white board space. This will be great because it will allow the children to look outdoors.

Autumn is such a beautiful season. My back yard has beautiful pine and oak trees. From the sliding glass window it resembles your "More Autumn Colors" post.

Thanks for the tip. Also I will put your books in the mail no later than this Saturday.