This is the second morning in a row I've had a shower by 6:30. I feel sooooo much better when I get right in the shower after waking up. It's the getting out of bed part that's so darn hard.
I resist getting up until the last possible minute. Then my window of time for getting a shower before the action breaks loose is gone. I have some coffee which helps but I usually don't take a shower until my husband leaves for work, and by then the girls are either eating breakfast or getting ready for their day. One is a definite morning person, and the other is more like me.....maybe SHE needs coffee and a shower in the mornings. Anyway, their morning personalities are not good to leave together unsupervised, and I frequently walk out of the bathroom to find World War III going on.
Not a pleasant way to start the day.
Also, I'm much less grumpy after my shower. AND most importantly, I can read my Bible and focus on the passage. I can pray without falling asleep. Kind of important.
So it's totally worth it to get out of bed a few minutes earlier. I just have trouble remembering that when I've been horizontal for several hours.
Maybe I'll keep a running count of the number of consecutive days I've had an early shower. I could use the accountability. On second thought, that's kind of scary, which is why I've never done Menu Plan Monday or any of the other blogger planning posts. I love to read everyone else's but putting MY plans out there for everyone to see, when I know my track record of following through with plans.... it's really setting myself up for humiliation.
But the shower thing.... I'll have to give that some thought.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I read some inspiring articles about getting up early that made me finally decide that it was worth it to me. Here's the technical one I read that I found really helpful, in case you're interested: http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/05/how-to-become-an-early-riser/
Best wishes! I totally agree with you that the days when I get up early have a much better start. I almost don't even enjoy my sleep in days sometimes, because I feel so far behind by the time I get my morning routine (shower, breakfast, etc) out of the way...
Here's another blog that prompted me to change my ways and get up early: http://girltalk.blogs.com/girltalk/2006/01/the_500_club.html
I do the Monday Meanderings with Tiany and that has led into the Menu Plan Mondays but I look at them like the pirate rules.. they are more like guidelines :-)
I need my morning coffee!!! Showers can be evening or morning .. I don't really have a preference as long as it gets in at one of those times..LOL..
Ooh Marie, I'll check those articles out, I could use some inspiration. Let me be clear though. I'm always UP by 6:30, it's getting my shower done by 6:30 that's so hard but makes such a huge difference. I never sleep in on weekdays. On second thought, 6:30 probably IS sleeping in for you Marie :)
Sallie, I've lurked at Monday Meanderings a few times and like the idea, but my problem is I treat almost ALL self-imposed rules like pirate rules! I loved that reference btw. What was that word they kept trying to remember?
Poulet? Parlay? LOL
I love to get up early and have a shower too. I kinda have to since I have to be at work by 8:00, but I do it on off days too.
Post a Comment