Friday, November 30, 2007

The Subculture of Blog Awards







In the blog world, if I've figured this out correctly, once you find some other bloggers you have things in common with, you develop a kind-of, neighborly visit relationship. You come and go between each other's blogs, you swap ideas, opinions, jokes, concerns, and in the process, you find you've got a friend.



Sallie very kindly passed this award to me today. It makes me only slightly uncomfortable, in the sense that when somebody tags me with a meme, or an award, I'm never really sure what to do next. Tag somebody else? Write a thank-you speech? Hmmm.



I'll go with the former. I'm going to pass the BFF award to two of the first bloggers I "met":



Kathy at Kathy's Klavier, because her blog is one of the first I ever read, because she is so sweet to leave comments after my ramblings about my kids, and because she has given me a couple of awards in the past that I've never done anything with...... I'm giving back now ; )



And Allison at Olive Plants, because I have been known to fall out of my chair laughing at her posts about life with eight kids. Also because I have never seen anything on Allison's blog like an award or a meme, or anything that would indicate to me that she digs that kind of thing, and I just want to see if it makes her feel all weird and uncomfortable like it does me ; )



You're very welcome!



5 comments:

Mikala B. Heykoop said...

Ya know? I DO feel weird and uncomfortable. Happy now? But I am also very honored that you enjoy my blog, comment often with your wonderful sense of humor, and consider me a friend. Thank you for the award, although I have absolutely no clue what to do with it! I have seen these on other blogs, and think...."Huh. That would be cool. But I don't think any of my 5 readers would consider me award-worthy. Bummer." So again, thank you, Nina! And just so you know, I DO break down at times and come to your ACTUAL blog, as you put it, because I need the aesthetic appeal that the feed reader doesn't give me. I'm just really bad at commenting. Just know that I often comment to you in my head. You can't hear that?

Nina said...

Oh, is that what the funny voice is? I thought I was going crazy!
:o)

Kathy said...

Nina, thank you so much for the award and for your kind words! I totally understand what you mean about feeling weird with these things. I've accepted some before because I was trying to have the right "blogger etiquette" I suppose. I think the last one I was awarded, I never went and picked up. I just get really lazy with my blogger etiquette sometimes! I'm doing good if I can get a post done every couple of days. But I do thank you and I have really enjoyed getting to know you through your kids' funny things.

Sallie said...

I usually just sit at my computer desk and do a little Miss America wave. I'd curtsy but that would mean standing ;-)

Nina said...

LOL