It would appear so.
At lunch today Peanut solemnly informed me that Doba doesn't believe in God. Doba is a baby doll who belongs to Sissy. She has a cousin named Dooley who belongs to Peanut.
I don't know where they got the names Doba and Dooley. Sounds like a hillbilly comedy routine if you ask me.
Anyway. I've been told Doba doesn't believe in God. According to Peanut, Doba thinks Sissy is the greatest thing in the world, so she worships Sissy.
I asked Sissy if this were true and Sissy confirmed it. But wait, I guess since she worships Sissy, she's not an atheist? So, I guess it's more accurate to say we have a pagan in the house.
Playing along, I told Sissy it was her responsibility to make sure her baby knew about God.
Good little Baptist that she is, Sissy replied, "Yeah, she's going to Sunday School today".
Personally I think it would have been more effective if the false goddess had taken it upon herself to set the kid straight, but some people like to let the church take care of all that spiritual stuff ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
You've got that right Nina. Such a cute but true allegory. Something that I deal with often. Churches don't save people, poeple save people. When my children begin to act wordly I stop them from even attending the church youth functions.
I tell them that going to church doesn't make you a Christian. It's what you do with the choices that God has given you. If you choose to live like a heathen it doesn't matter if you go to church.
Should I start praying for Doba's salvation? :-))
You make some good points Hadias. To be specific though, it's the redemptive blood of Jesus that saves people (Romans 3:24-25; John 3:16-17), when people choose to believe (Romans10:9)
Didn't want to open a can of worms, but I did think it was kind of funny, as well as a little disconcerting that Sissy's attitude was so dismissive....as in "Oh,I'll just take her to church and it'll all be ok"
Kathy, I think that would be taking it a little too far ;)
which I've probably done already!
LOL, Nina :-)
God bless,
Sallie
Oh, Ninaaaaaa! Come on over to my blog :-) There is an award waiting for you there!!
God bless,
Sallie
Post a Comment